Summers get long and hot in Oklahoma, and there are a lot of Moore, OK air conditioning companies to choose from. But that doesn’t mean all those companies are created equal. Some (like us at Hill & Company) will get you cooled off in no time, while others will be more hassle than they’re worth. Here’s what to look for to make sure you get an air conditioning company that will treat you right:
1. Experience – Just like any other hands-on profession, air conditioning repair and installation is a skill that is mastered through practice. By definition, that means that the less experienced air conditioning repair people will be less knowledgeable and capable. More experienced AC repair people can often do a job faster, see to the heart of a problem with an air conditioner unit, and will always have the right tools and the right parts for the job. That all translates to less stress and wasted time for you. Why would you hire an AC company with 5 or 10 years’ experience when you could hire one with 30, 40 or even 50 years’?
2. Up-front pricing – This is a major problem in the AC industry. Frequently, repairmen will give you a quote that sounds good, only to later reveal that it doesn’t include crucial costs like parts or hidden fees. A good AC company will tell you up front what the total final cost will be. They will break it down for you so you know what you’re paying for.
3. On-time to appointments – Nothing is more annoying than waiting around for a repair or installation man to show up. Your AC company should be able to give you an exact time for an appointment, and then be punctual—and they should be able to schedule you soon!
4. Reputation for service – This can be hard to gauge sometimes, but look at reviews or ask friends what they thought. For a big job, ask the air conditioning company to provide references from past clients. Service matters because it will determine how positive all your interactions with the company are, from the first phone call to the last invoice.
5. Best equipment possible – Ideally, you want an air conditioning company that uses reliable, trusted brand-name AC units and parts.
6. Satisfaction guarantee – At the end of the day, the company should not be happy unless you are. They should provide warranties for all units and guarantee that they’re not done until everything works perfectly.
What else do you look for in an air conditioning company? If you’re in the Moore, Oklahoma area, call or contact us at Hill & Company for an assessment or service!